So you’ve come to the conclusion that it’s time to see a fertility specialist. It’s a big, daunting task and you want to make sure you find the provider that’s just right for you. It’s important to do your research and also chat with your OBGYN who may have some great recommendations for you to get started!
If you are at the beginning stages of your infertility journey, here are some things to think about and ask as you begin looking for a provider:
- What are their success rates? Whether you are interested in fertility preservation or getting pregnant as soon as possible, all fertility centers have published success rates. Knowing the success rates of your intended provider, for your situation, will help you to decide if that practice is right for you.
- Where is the practice located? There is a good chance that you will have to visit your fertility specialist several times over the course of your treatment. It’s a good idea to find a provider that is within a reasonable driving distance of you.
- What type of testing do they provide? Chances are, you’ve already had some general testing from your OBGYN so you have an idea of where to start with more extensive fertility testing. Make sure the provider you are looking into provides the tests you are interested in.
- What insurance providers do they work with? And, what their pricing looks like? Fertility treatment is not cheap so knowing what your insurance will cover and whether the practice works with your insurance provider will help you to plan ahead. It’s good to know how much you may be responsible for paying.
- What does their availability look like? Some practices may have a significant wait time before they can even see you for a consultation so it’s a good idea to ask what their availability is.
- Be confident. Remember that you are the patient and the doctors work for you! Ask any and all questions you may have and make sure your doctor is on the same page as you! You’ve got this!
If you are looking to meet with a fertility specialist, contact Reach Fertility to schedule a consultation today!