Did you know that over 12% of couples experience infertility issues? If you are having difficulty getting pregnant, read on as REACH, the premier fertility center in Charlotte, North Carolina outlines some important facts about infertility.
- Twelve percent of married women, about 7.4 million women, have difficulty conceiving.
- One-third of infertile couples may be due to unexplained causes or due to both the male and female partner.
- Both men and women who smoke have decreased fertility.
- Miscarriage rates are higher among women who smoke.
- Fertility decreases by age. Women between the ages of 30 and 34 have a 63% chance of getting pregnant within one year of trying; this percentage drops to 5% for those who are 45 to 49 years old.
- Over 85% of infertility cases are remedied by drug therapy or surgical procedures.
See even more infertility facts here. If you have been unsuccessful in expanding your family for over a year, have had multiple miscarriages, or have irregular menstrual cycles, contact the Reproductive Endocrinology Associates of Charlotte to schedule a consultation.