National Infertility Awareness Week April 2015
“You are not alone.” We find these words comforting when there is a struggle that leaves one feeling isolated and alone, often an unfortunate “side effect” of infertility. That is why RESOLVE, The National Infertility Association, has chosen these simple yet powerful words as this year’s theme for National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW), set to kick off April 19.
Infertility is more common than you might think:
- 1 in 8 couples are affected by infertility.
- 12% of women (about 7.4 million) are affected by infertility worldwide.
Chances are you know someone who is affected by infertility, or perhaps you yourself are the one going through this struggle. We want you to know that you are not alone. And together, we can bring awareness during this National Infertility Awareness Week…
- Learn about the causes of infertility and available treatments. Knowing the facts empowers you.
- Sign up to for RESOLVE’s quarterly newsletter with important information on infertility.
- Share your story on Facebook or start a blog about your infertility journey. Not only will you find support from others, you may also inspire others to share their own story.
- Share information on social media about RESOLVE’s Advocacy Day and other RESOLVE events. Consider participating in these events to meet couples going through a similar journey.
- Represent and support the local infertility community.
- Become a Grassroots Advocate to fight anti-family bills.
- Ask your employer to offer insurance that covers infertility or adoption benefits.
We too will be doing our part in support of NIAW at the Reproductive Endocrinology Associates of Charlotte (REACH). We are always available to answer any questions you may have about infertility and available treatment options! Please contact us for more information.